[openstack-community] Automating OpenStack: Join StackStorm’s Online Meetup July 17

Rafael Knuth rafael.knuth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:24:11 UTC 2014

In the meetup, our CTO StackStorm co-founder, Dmitri Zimine, will
discuss automation approaches and projects within the OpenStack
ecosystem.

There are over 20 automation projects within OpenStack alone that
Dmitri will review and briefly explain, categorize, discuss and
request your feedback. Dmitri has had years of experience with
automation, being part of the “first wave of operations automation”
brought on by Opalis (acquired by Microsoft) where he ran engineering.
More recently he has become a core committer and co leader of the
Mistral workflow as a service project within OpenStack; we have a
short explanation of that project:
http://stackstorm.com/2014/07/07/stackstorm-contributing-mistral-build-workflow-service-cloud-automation/

The meetup will cover a variety of OpenStack automation tools,
including Mistral, Heat, TaskFlow and Congress, and provide best
practices, use cases and benefits of each. You can chat with us during
the meetup but if you have any questions, feel free to submit them via
Twitter @OpenStack_OM or IRC #OpenStack-Community @Freenode.

Below are some more details on how you can join the meetup. See you online!

Register for the meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/OpenStack-Online-Meetup/events/193478232/

Official hashtag: #OpenStackOM