[openstack-community] Student Chapters at Universities

Bhavya Jain bsjcloud at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 03:24:41 UTC 2013

Thanks for the suggestions Stefano,
I tried finding relevant information on the User Groups How to page but
that gives more information on how to establish and run user groups. I
agree general attendees would be people new to *using* openstack but what I
am talking of is getting it to University level. Till now, the user groups
are responsible for interacting with universities heads and then inviting
them over. If we have groups at Universities then it would be very much be
possible to organize some events in the universities as well, organized and
managed by the interested students and faculties. This may however be
limited to basics but still it would help the student community as well.

We at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, India are
planning to work in OpenStack, but when it comes to setting up a proper
team, there are only 2 or at maximum 4 students actually aware of it. It
would be beneficial in every university to bring up such groups so that
more interaction and participation is there, as per one of the motive of
the Open Source Community.

--
Bhavya Jain
B.Tech - CS - Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology (IBM)