[openstack-community] Country/region stats

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Sat Oct 19 08:19:25 UTC 2013

> We all are working together to make OpenStack project awesome. All these
> organizations have contributed to the development of the project. I would
> urge you to take this thread to meaningful direction.

Let me clarified, i am not talking about EMC HP etc.. but vendors
sorry if you are from both.. i said "like" :) mean example

my experience managing java user group in last 15 years, i got several
country esp emerging country, where subsidiaries pushed as sales
entity, and dont have tech guy, will have a cross program in several
case against each other, the sales target is quota of sales, in
several case they are three months paybill, if dont achieve, must
quit.

and user group mostly tech guy, if they are non technical, i believe
more more tech than sales guy. esp we talk grizzly, havana, keystone,
they are to techqie for sales and user.

and in this case user group focus to united the tech guy under one
umbrella, and share experience, and yes in several case we are more
techqie.. we are techqie guy anyway :)

this model different with head quarter that sponsor the foundation, i
think in this case openstack.

in several case also, vendor create their own community, to make sure
that their customer will go this community, this is of course will
keep the customer out to the competitor, imagine redhat user group vs
ubuntu user group in openstack market, or dell cloud vs hp cloud.
which we know all openstack.

i want to know, how every country work with vendor, because in several
case, vendor support, like china osug, they have, but in Indonesia, we
dont have, i met with several director of enterprise from HP, Dell,
VMWare etc, and they are mechanism also to sponsor, like from
distributor or their gold partner..

hope this can clrified :)