[openstack-community] OpenStack Groups Portal -- Status Update

Marton Kiss marton.kiss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:57:19 UTC 2013

Hi Adam,

We are not using Django because for example we like to support the
diversity of platforms, and Drupal Commons as a base distribution covers
most of our business usecases. In some point we needed to bring a decision
about platform, but this doesn't mean that 4 yrs from now we won't use
something python based or mix of the two platforms. Drupal have a very
strong and active community, specially here in Europe, and we don't need to
reinvent the wheel in most cases. Beside that sometimes I also feel, the
Drupal requires improvement in some areas like API support and
Configuration management, but this level it will be adequate to reach our
goals.

Cheers,
  Márton