[openstack-community] OpenStack in Africa (specifically Nairobi)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu May 16 19:40:41 UTC 2013

On 05/16/2013 12:43 AM, Adam Nelson wrote:
> We're building a public OpenStack implementation in Nairobi and over
> time, the rest of the continent.  Is anybody on the list interested in
> talking about OpenStack in the African context or in starting a virtual
> meetup about it?

Pretty cool stuff, Adam. Happy to help.

You may want to advertise your intentions on the General mailing list
(openstack at lists.launchpad.net) to check if there are people near
Nairobi and other parts of Africa already active in OpenStack. Let me
know if you need a place to host your content, like dates for next
meetings, topics to discuss, etc. Some groups use meetup.com but that's
generally not well suited for nation-wide and 'virtual' gatherings. A
simple page on the OpenStack wiki may be enough.

Cheers,
stef