[openstack-community] Openstack user group in Singapore

billy am wickedpuppy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 07:05:02 UTC 2013

I would have to disagree on Red Hat and Suse in SG.

Red Hat is strong in SG. Suse not much. Ubuntu as well. Cloud providers no.

Land is extremely expensive in Singapore , so datacenters costs a lot of
$$$. I have ran a hosting company before. Singapore hosting company plans ,
shared/reseller/dedicated/vps , all have higher prices than overseas
companies , even more than HK and TW.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:

> we know.
>
> heheh. that why there are kiashu comic book. isnt it.
>
> my experience, vendor dont like community presence that related to
> opensource
>
> redhat, suse is not opensource.
>
> i believe openstack also same.. they dont like it
>  On Mar 28, 2013 1:39 PM, "billy am" <wickedpuppy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Singapore has very strong commercial/enterprise presence but little
>> community involvement. In fact , all that are in Singapore are
>> HQs. Regional directors and sales/marketing teams. Technical teams are
>> elsewhere in the region. The fact that Singapore team starts out this late
>> says it all , although there has been interests in the past as mentioned
>> previously.
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org>wrote:
>>
>>> our pleaseure
>>>
>>> but the OpenStack UG, is still "weak" compare to another community
>>> that i manage, esp Java..
>>>
>>> we need to work together, because in this segment, we are new.
>>>
>>> my agenda to bring ASEAN grade user group to every country, i wish you
>>> can start to work together with us.. esp singapore is the ASEAN HQ
>>> usually for the vendors related to cloud..
>>>
>>> so to bring good UG, we need you there..
>>>
>>> glad have singaporean here now.
>>>
>>> i add you, so we can start collaborate.

>>> for

>>>  Network+
>>>

>> --
>>
>> VSP 5 , MCSA (Security) , MCSA , CCNA , LPIC - Lvl 1 , Security+ ,
>>  Network+ , A+

Team Ubuntu Singapore

Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SingaporeTeam
IRC: #ubuntu-sg on irc.freenode.net