[openstack-community] Openstack user group in Singapore

billy am wickedpuppy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 06:39:21 UTC 2013

Singapore has very strong commercial/enterprise presence but little
community involvement. In fact , all that are in Singapore are
HQs. Regional directors and sales/marketing teams. Technical teams are
elsewhere in the region. The fact that Singapore team starts out this late
says it all , although there has been interests in the past as mentioned
previously.
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:

> our pleaseure
>
> but the OpenStack UG, is still "weak" compare to another community
> that i manage, esp Java..
>
> we need to work together, because in this segment, we are new.
>
> my agenda to bring ASEAN grade user group to every country, i wish you
> can start to work together with us.. esp singapore is the ASEAN HQ
> usually for the vendors related to cloud..
>
> so to bring good UG, we need you there..
>
> glad have singaporean here now.
>
> i add you, so we can start collaborate.

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM, billy am <wickedpuppy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Frans ,
> >
> >                 Thanks for the warm welcome. Indonesia has always have a
> > very strong community user/developer base for opensource and likewise for
> > Malaysia. I am sure Singapore team has a lot to learn from you guys :P
> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> welcome to the openstack world
> >>
> >> greet from openstack usergroup indonesia

> > --

> > Website: http://ubuntu.sg/
> > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ubuntu.sg
> >
> > VSP 5 , MCSA (Security) , MCSA , CCNA , LPIC - Lvl 1 , Security+ ,
>  Network+
> > , A+

Team Ubuntu Singapore

Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SingaporeTeam