[openstack-community] Pre & Post Summit events in Asia

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jul 11 03:11:16 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I hope you're excited for our upcoming summit in Hong Kong :)

One of the ideas that has been floating around is that since we'll have
an incredible mass of OpenStack expertise in the area for the summit,
why don't we try and arrange some events in Asia before and afterward?

This will mean that those multitudes in the region who can't make it to
the summit can get exposure to the experts, and that leads to increased
contributions and encourages global collaborations.

Of course, organising this is going to take some work, and it needs to
happen quite soon - as people are booking flight tickets early to get
the best deal.

What do you think about this idea? Will your group help organise an
event? How do you think is the best way to make it work?

Regards,

Tom