[openstack-community] qyjohn's quarterly report of the size and health of the 4 open source projects is out

Atwood, Mark mark.atwood at hp.com
Wed Jul 3 18:47:29 UTC 2013

Hi!

Each quarter, Qingye Jiang, an employee of Eucalyptus, publishes a report of the community and contribution metrics of OpenStack, OpenNebula, Eucalyptus, and CloudStack.  He has just published his report for Y13Q2

http://www.qyjohn.net/?=3297

It’s in Chinese, but he typically publishes an English translation a few days later.

Short summary of OpenStack’s position:

We are still in the lead and accelerating.

However, CloudStack is also accelerating and growing fast.

We are far and away best at bringing in new contributors.

The data sources for discussion thread metrics for OpenStack are

https://lists.openstack.net/openstack/

https://answers.launchpad.net/openstack/

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/*/

https://ask.openstack.org/

Is he missing any public discussion forums about OpenStack of import that we should bring to his attention?

His also mines the git repos for quantum, keystone, glance, horizon, swift, cinder, and nova.  This misses the contributions by incubation projects, preincubation projects, the infrastructure projects, and client projects.

Share and enjoy.

..m

Mark Atwood <mark.atwood at hp.com>
Director of Open Source Engagement for HP Cloud Services
M +1-206-473-7118