[openstack-community] oVirt workshop coming up in Sunnyvale, California

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 13:12:55 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

There's an oVirt workshop being held in Sunnyvale, California, on 22-24
January 2013, which I thought might be of interest to many here.
http://www.ovirt.org/NetApp_Workshop_January_2013 - you can register
free for the event at  http://ovirtnetapp2013.eventbrite.com/ For those
who don't know, oVirt is a datacenter virtualisation project, which is
the upstream project for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation (think open
source vSphere and you're not far off).

There are a few OpenStack specific topics on the agenda - including one
session specifically on Quantum and oVirt, and another session ("oVirt
Roadmap") on the oVirt project roadmap, which will explore other
potential integration points between oVirt and OpenStack (VDSM or oVirt
drivers for Nova, integration of Glance into oVirt, etc). There is also
BOF space available on day 3 where I would love to see a BOF exploring
potential integration and co-operation between the projects.

I wasn't sure if this would be on-topic for the list, so I checked with
Stefano first - please do let me know if this kind of event is
off-topic, and I'll abstain in the future. I thought that there was
sufficient overlap both in technology and project scope that some of you
would be interested, or perhaps just curious.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Regards,
Dave Neary.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13