[OpenStack Marketing] Summit Updates, Queens Release & OpenStack Community Roadmap

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Thu Feb 1 21:56:32 UTC 2018

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
February 1, 2018

The Summit has evolved over the years to cover more than just OpenStack, and for Vancouver and Berlin we’re building content across the open infrastructure ecosystem to reflect that. In addition to OpenStack-related sessions, we’ll be featuring the newest project at the Foundation, Kata Containers, as well as recruiting many others from projects like Ansible, Ceph, Kubernetes, ONAP and more. To keep the focus on users, we’ve also organized Tracks around specific problem domains <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-categories>.

Vancouver Summit deadlines you need to know:
Vancouver Summit registration now open <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-summit-may-2018-vancouver-tickets-40845826968> - early bird ends early April
Call for Presentations <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/> - closes next week on February 8

Additional Event Sponsorship Information
Today, sponsorship opportunities for the Berlin Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/sponsors/> became available. Additionally, there is still time to sponsor the Vancouver Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/sponsors/> and Dublin PTG <https://www.openstack.org/ptg#tab_sponsor>. Have questions? Reach out to summit at openstack.org <mailto:summit at openstack.org>.

OpenStack @ Industry Events
February
2: CHAOSSCon Europe, Brussels, Belgium; Ildiko Vancsa, OpenStack Keynote
3-4: FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium; Table in Building K, Level 1

March
20-21: Open Compute Summit, San Francisco, CA; Booth C22

Industry event CFP Deadlines
This is your opportunity to talk about OpenStack at various industry events.  Below is a list of upcoming CFP deadlines for 2018.

LinuxCon ContainerCon CloudOpen China
March 4, 2018
https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/linuxcon_containercon_cloudopen_china_lc3/ <https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/linuxcon_containercon_cloudopen_china_lc3/>
ONS Europe
June 24, 2018
https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/open_networking_summit_europe_2018/ <https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/open_networking_summit_europe_2018/>
OpenStack Queens is coming up
Mark your calendar for February 28 for the Queens release. Expect a Queens Preview Webinar the week of February 19. For this release, we’ve created a landing page that will pull in features PTLs have marked as a feature highlight. This page should answer, “What are the top 3 most important things coming in Queens?” for each project. This page is currently empty, but you can expect to see features start rolling in the week of January 22. Queens Highlights Page. <https://releases.openstack.org/queens/highlights.html>

We want to reduce PTLs receiving multiple asks for their top features, and instead work together as product marketers to have a single follow up call to answer questions not covered on the Highlights Page (a press pool style call). If you are interested in information beyond the Highlights Page, please email anne at openstack.org <mailto:anne at openstack.org>.

OpenStack Community Roadmap
The Roadmap Team is getting ready to start working on the OpenStack Rocky roadmap, which is how we communicate to potential users, current users and product managers what is coming next in OpenStack. The Roadmap Team is looking for a few technical marketing and product marketing hands to get involved. If you’re interested, please email anne at openstack.org <mailto:anne at openstack.org>.

Thanks!
Allison

Allison Price
OpenStack Foundation