[OpenStack Marketing] Proposing change to release communications

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Thu Sep 14 19:48:44 UTC 2017

Hi Marketing Community,

This week I’m at the PTG with our developer community, and I spoke with the Release Management Team about how we can  make it easier for our marketing community to find key release features while simultaenousy streamlining the process for our PTLs.

We arrived at creating a page that would live at releases.openstack.org <http://releases.openstack.org/> with ~3 key features for each project, selected by the PTL, with links to the feature's full release notes. This would provide a single place to find top features for content marketers.

To add to this, I would like to propose a “press corps” style briefing for the marketing community to ask their follow up questions with PTLs about release features, rather than receiving multiple but similar questions from our community. By reducing redundancy for PTLs, I think we can generate higher quality information for all marketing community members and consequently our release content.

Before the Release Management Team implements these changes, I want to make sure this would be beneficial and used by our marketing community. I’d love your feedback and thoughts.

Cheers,
Anne Bertucio
Marketing and Certification, OpenStack Foundation
anne at openstack.org | 206-992-7961