[OpenStack Marketing] Bulletin: Summit recap, new resources, AR/PR highlights

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Tue May 3 16:52:27 UTC 2016

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
May 3, 2016

Welcome back from Austin and a fantastic Summit! Did you know our first Summit in Austin had just 75 people, and less than six years later we returned to the city with than 7,500? Thank you to our colleagues and community members who made it possible. Another favorite stat? More than half of Fortune 100 companies use OpenStack.

CONNECT YOUR TEAM
In Austin, we met several new marketers from companies in our ecosystem. Please help your team stay on top of new marketing resources and important dates by sharing the marketing mailing list with your team: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>.

NEW RESOURCES
Did you know that during our January marketing meeting, we shared what we planned to do before the Summit, and in the first four months of 2016 we accomplished all of it? Special thanks to great collaboration with community contributors. We hope you’ll consider contributing to the 2016 projects we have planned for the rest of the year, and help guide us by telling us what’s most valuable to your business.

Here’s a quick reminder of new resources and major campaigns delivered so far this year:
Network functions virtualization (NFV) report <http://openstack.org/telecoms-and-nfv>
Containers page <http://openstack.org/containers> updates
The Path to Cloud <http://openstack.org/enterprise> (how-to booklet from the Enterprise Work Group, available in epub, mobi and print)
User Survey report <http://openstack.org/user-survey>, beta dashboard <http://openstack.org/survey-report> and highlights video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmu5r7BCY_U>
Mitaka software release <http://openstack.org/software/mitaka>
Independent software vendor (ISV) landing page <http://openstack.org/isv>
You can download the slides from this session at openstack.org/marketing, and incidentally we’re planning a major overhaul on that page. Send us feedback <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> on what you’d like to see there. We also shared some plans for upcoming content:
OpenStack 101 slide deck (and eventually, video) … comment on draft content here <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cjuCDifsMctubZmL-qio0gkDXGBqiNJU1GzM8ehEGOk/edit?usp=sharing>
Containers report update
High performance computing (HPC) paper
Security brief
Continuing market share analysis
More user stories

SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS FROM AR/PR
Here are some great links (with marketers in mind) to check out from the Summit.
Analyst Track Videos:
Al Sadowski & Donnie Berkholz, 451 Research <https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/openstack-pulse-unbiased-research-on-enterprise-demand-tco-and-market-size>
Analyst Panel <https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/analyst-q-and-a-what-the-analysts-who-cover-openstack-really-think>  featuring Paul Miller (Forrester), Roz Roseboro (Heavy Reading), Colm Keegan (ESG), Steve O’Grady (Redmonk), and Rene Buest (Crisp Research); moderated by Mike Shuster (NetApp)
Larry Carvalho and Ashish Nadkarni, IDC <https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/a-proxy-for-openstack-adoption-market-trends-in-software-defined-infrastructure-and-cloud>
Media Panel <https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/media-q-and-a-the-journalistic-perspective-on-the-present-and-future-of-openstack>  featuring Frederic Lardinois (TechCrunch), Sean Michael Kerner (eWeek), Caroline Donnelly (ComputerWeekly) and Yasuyuki Matsushita; moderated by Susan Wu (Midokura)
Lauren Nelson, Forrester Research <https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/openstack-is-ready-are-youredux>
Analyst Briefing Session:  Presentation Decks <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xysearyd2uan7w2/AAD8mh_EI4F8X1ZeUhj8VuTra?dl=0>
OPENSTACK SUMMIT BARCELONA
It’s not too soon to start planning for the October 25-28, 2016 OpenStack Summit Barcelona <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/>. The Sponsorship Prospectus and Registration are available now; the Call for Speakers will open on June 1 and run through July 13. Sponsor sales will open on June 15. Continue to check the Barcelona website for updates.

Also, plan to attend an OpenStack Day near you. There are 16 OpenStack Days <https://www.openstack.org/community/events/openstackdays> scheduled around the globe from May through September.

INDUSTRY EVENTS
The OpenStack Foundation will be at the following industry events in May:
CoreOS Fest - May 9-10, 2016 in Berlin, Germany
OSCON - May 16-19, 2016, Austin, Texas
Big Communications Event - May 24-25, 2016, Austin, Texas
Cloud Foundry Summit - May 23-25, 2016, Santa Clara, CA
PyCon - May 28, 2016, Portland, Oregon

Cloud Foundry Summit Europe 2016 <https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community/summits/program/cfp/?summitId=11993> is September 26 – 28, 2016 in Frankfurt, Germany, and the call for papers deadline the June 17, 2016.
The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N6Fi1iAgpkDKMkcaTh8s7pwPzwjKuPzJJdgxR8bA29E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=992025170.>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769 <tel:503 816 9769> | Skype: heidi.tretheway <https://webapp.wisestamp.com/sig_iframe?origin=mac-mail&signature_id=5499768844845056&t=0.0880089420825243#>
 <http://linkedin.com/in/heiditretheway>  <http://twitter.com/heiditretheway>  <http://www.openstack.org/>