[OpenStack Marketing] Bulletin: Liberty release assets

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Thu Oct 15 17:03:16 UTC 2015

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
October 15, 2015

Hello team,
The Liberty release is out, thanks to the efforts of 1,933 developers and 164 organizations. We couldn’t do this without you! In addition to the materials you’ve received over the past three weeks, the landing page <https://www.openstack.org/software/liberty/> and press release <https://www.openstack.org/software/liberty/press-release/> are live now.

As you know, the Liberty release includes new functionality and enhancements offering the broadest support for popular data center technologies, finer-grained management controls, performance enhancements for large deployments, and more powerful tools for managing new technologies such as containers in production environments. In short, OpenStack has become the integration engine for service providers and enterprises deploying cloud services.

Please find more resources and stats below that may be helpful for conversations leading into the Summit:

Helpful Materials:
Liberty release landing page <https://www.openstack.org/software/liberty/>
Press release <https://www.openstack.org/software/liberty/press-release/>
Demo video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7r2-p8Mki4>
Marketing slide deck <http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/liberty-release-preliminary-marketing-materials-messages> and recording <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/ldr.php?RCID=98498b35c587cf44909831dcbd9f9a85>
Liberty graphic  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/s57orih77ukce3k/openstack-liberty-logo.png?dl=0>
Liberty release by the numbers <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s1as75tgb7vnbz/Liberty%20release%20-%20by%20the%20numbers.pptx?dl=0> deck and dashboard <http://stackalytics.com/?release=liberty>
Technical release notes <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Liberty>
Source code <http://docs.openstack.org/releases/releases/liberty.html>
OpenStack Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/>
Join us in Tokyo October 27-30 to learn more about how organizations are using OpenStack and connect with our vibrant ecosystem. We’ll reveal the Superuser Award <http://superuser.openstack.org/awards> winner among finalists FICO, GoDaddy, Lithium Technologies and NTT Group. OpenStack community members are gathering to design our next release due April 2016—Liberty’s successor, Mitaka.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager
OpenStack Foundation

503 816 9769