[OpenStack Marketing] Commercial Logo Consolidation - Meeting Recap

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Thu Mar 27 22:30:40 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Thank you to those who joined the open marketing meeting today; we appreciated your feedback and questions. We discussed a plan to simplify and consolidate the number of commercial logos available for products related to OpenStack.

For those who were unable to attend, we've gotten feedback over the last few months that the number of commercial logos (http://www.openstack.org/brand) can be confusing, both for companies to understand how their OpenStack product fits in the program, and for users who are looking for OpenStack products. To address this feedback, we are reducing the six current logos (Distribution, Cloud, Powered by, Storage Powered by, Built for and Training) to three logos (Powered, Compatible and Training). There will be no changes to the technical requirements for each program, nor the wordmark use for Distributions and Public Clouds. Please take a look at the slides and recording from today's meeting for more background and details:

Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/openstack-marketing-meeting-march-2014
Recording: http://www.meetingburner.com/b/openstack/watch?c=N77VO9&h=f

We are working to finalize the new commercial logo license agreements with our legal team, and will make an announcement to the marketing list and update the brand site as soon as they are available. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any feedback or contact logo at openstack.org if you have specific questions.

Thanks,
Lauren