[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack Marketing Bulletin - August 2014

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Tue Aug 19 23:13:25 UTC 2014

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin

August 19, 2014
Please check out the latest OpenStack marketing bulletin with information, news and events to keep you up-to-date on community happenings.

Updates & Calls to Action
We have some recent marketing campaign updates for the community related to the OpenStack Marketplace and Enterprise user adoption.
Top 10 Top 10 Automotive Manufacturer Makes the Business Case for OpenStack. Today we published a new whitepaper about a major automaker using OpenStack for big data analysis. The landing page begins of a new section we’re building on openstack.org to present enterprise use cases and content. Solinea brought us this customer to promote, and we’d love to coordinate similar campaigns with more of our ecosystem members. To help promote this case study, you can retweet https://twitter.com/OpenStack/status/501728026493980672.
New addition to the Marketplace. Last week, we announced the addition of the Hosted Private Cloud category to the Marketplace. We continue to see growing interest in different consumption models, and Hosted Private Cloud specifically has gained a lot of traction. Companies that were in this HPC category at launch include Aptira, AURO, Blue Box, IBM, DataCentred, Metacloud, Mirantis, Morphlabs, Rackspace and UnitedStack. If you have a product or service that you think may be a fit for the marketplace, please contact ecosystem at openstack.org.
Superuser is a new publication to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving among individuals who are running and using OpenStack clouds of all sizes, across all industries. We’ve published lots of how-to content, as well as some great articles about users like Disney and GoDaddy. Please check it out and send case study and content ideas to editor at openstack.org. Also keep an eye out for the Superuser awards, expected to launch in the next few weeks and be awarded at the Paris Summit!
The OpenStack Summit Paris will take place November 3 - 7 at Le Palais des Congrés (Etoile). Keynotes, expo and presentations will run Monday – Wednesday, and the Kilo Design Summit will run Tuesday - Friday across the street at Le Meridien.
Hotel room blocks at Hyatt and Le Méridien are selling out, book yours soon
Registration open – ticket prices increase after Aug 27
Agenda announced – late August / early September
Sponsorships available now – deadline Sept 19
Request an invitation letter for VISA – deadline Oct 24
Attend, support and help promote upcoming community regional events:
OpenStack Silicon Valley, September 16
OpenStack Benelux, September 19
OpenStack Day Taiwan, September 23
Stats and Research:
In the first half of 2014, more than 2 million unique visitors viewed the OpenStack website
Twitter followers have doubled since the end of 2013, exceeding 70,000 in mid -August
So far in 2014, 2,069,845 minutes of YouTube videos have been viewed on the OpenStack channel
Interesting stats from the 451 group’s recent Pulse report (an update to last year’s Tipping Report)
451 Research's Market Monitor service expects revenue for OpenStack business models to exceed $1.7bn by 2016.
Service providers with public and private IaaS clouds enabled by the OpenStack platform represent 73% of that revenue total.
www.451research.com/openstack

Meeting Schedule
Analyst Relations Team Meeting
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 19:00 UTC
Agenda: Review Paris analyst list/planning for Paris
Content Team Meetings revert to every other Thursday at 2 p.m. central daylight time/19:00 UTC
If you would like to be involved please join openstack-content at lists.openstack.org and send an inquiry to margie at openstack.org for more information
Marketing Community Meetings
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - View archived info
Topic: OpenStack Marketing and Event Updates 2H 2014
View the Slides
View the Recording
Monday, September 22, 2014 at 15:00 UTC
Topic: DefCore Update & Logo Programs
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 16:00 UTC
Topic: Juno Release
Win the Enterprise Meetings
Contact Juan Perez for more information to join the marketing group/team at Juan Perez <Juan_Perez at cable.comcast.com>
See a full list and register for upcoming marketing, analyst, and content working meetings on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing

Q3/Q4 Industry Events
LinuxCon CloudOpen, Aug 20-24/Chicago, IL - There is an OpenStack booth staffed by community volunteers at the event this week; please stop by if you are there!
Cloud Connect China, September 16-18, Shanghai. Half day hands-on workshop led by community members.
DEVIEW 2014, September 29-30, Seoul, South Korea. Developer-focused conference. Tom Fifield speaking.
Cloud Connect Summit @ Interop, September 29-October 3, New York City, NY. No sponsorship, however…
Introduction to OpenStack: Enterprise Boot Camp, Sept. 30.  http://ubm.io/1uqc6Dm

Potential “vendor tech panels”. Worked very well in Las Vegas.  Will be asking for interest from new participants.

Discounted sponsorship and registrations for OpenStack community.

Gartner Symposium/ITExpo, October 5-9, Orlando, FL.

Standard sponsor, booth, also sponsoring VIP breakfast.

Providing videos and collateral for member booths.

Telco Cloud World Forum and SDN & NFV World (co-located), October 7-8, Dallas, TX. Asked Toby Ford to help keynote and represent OpenStack.

CloudOpen Europe, October 13-15, Dusseldorf, Germany.  Silver sponsor, small booth. Will request volunteers from community.

FUTURECOM, Oct 13-15, Sao Paolo, Brazil. 15,000 business level attendees.  Sponsoring booth, local community and user panel, blog post. Heidi Bretz attending.

USENIX LISA, November 9-14, Seattle, WA.  Sponsorship, booth, half day tutorial, demo.  Will request community support for booth.

Gartner Data Center Conference, December 2-5, Las Vegas, NV. Will sponsor and have a Pavilion, if enough interest.

2,500 incredible CIO, CTO level attendees.

Cost to participate 15K USD

Please send serious interest to kathyc at openstack.org.

###