[OpenStack Foundation] PTG Board of Directors Meeting

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Sat Jan 27 09:21:22 UTC 2018

On 01/25/2018 09:44 AM, Graham Hayes wrote:

> What were the objections to running the meeting the day before, like
> is traditionally done before a summit?

Actually, it was the other way around: Monday during the PTG was raised
as an option at the Sydney F2F board meeting, and no one objected. We
did discuss it, and there were a mixture of factors involved. Originally
we were planning for this meeting to be joint with the TC and UC again,
and would have automatically excluded Monday as an option for that. But,
when it dropped back to more of a procedural meeting, there were fewer
conflicts. And, while we didn't have to do the meeting at the PTG, about
half of the board members were planning to be at the PTG anyway, and for
the rest co-locating means they get more contact with the technical side
of the project than they might naturally tend to get.

Personally, I didn't object to Monday because in the past I've found
doing a full day of board meetings on Sunday before a full week of
technical meetings to be a bit grueling. I know for others meeting on
Monday meant they could spend Saturday with their families before
traveling to the PTG on Sunday.

AFAIK, this is the first time we've tried this pattern, and we may not
repeat it. But, it did seem worth trying.

Allison