[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Wed Sep 2 06:12:29 UTC 2015

I've added all the categories identified in the 3 phases that were
previously agreed, and altered the questions somewhat. There are now 10
questions. I'm not keen to try to add any supplementary questions.

Where I think we need to move beyond binary or simple data (country, age),
I have stayed with free text entry.

I haven't yet written any introductory blurb about privacy protection, the
optional nature of the survey all the questions.

Similarly, I haven't yet addressed any issues around how the survey should
be targeted. I'm leaning towards a surveying a subset of the population,
and trying to provide an incentive to participate (don't ask, haven't got
one yet), so as to reduce self-selection bias. Anyone with professional
knowledge in this area please speak up.

I'm unlikely to make the next meeting, so I'm afraid I can only discuss via
email. We're running a little behind the original schedule, but I hope to
be able to engage the Foundation to commence the process of executing the
survey by the end of next week.

Cheers,

Roland