[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

George Reese george.reese at imaginary.com
Thu Aug 2 00:03:38 UTC 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:45 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Nope. Still don't stipulate this point. If a vote came up to the board
> that would cost HP a billion dollars but that made sense for OpenStack
> and is something I would vote for it I worked elsewhere,  I would still
> vote for it without blinking an eye.
>
> I will stipulate that in general, it is possible that employers do exert
> influence over employees, and that policy might need to take that in to
> account. I will not stipulate that employers always influence employees.

I did not say they always influence employees.

I said they can (and sometimes will) influence employees. Shouldn't we have a few board positions that are free of that possibility of influence?

-George

--
George Reese (george.reese at imaginary.com)
t: @GeorgeReese               m: +1(207)956-0217               Skype: nspollution