[Foundation Board] Associate Members

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:31:48 UTC 2021

Sorry for completely missing the call. Family matters took precedence last week.

I agree with the idea and everything said here so far. I believe it
definitely provides an opportunity for institution outreach and
visibility, at least terms permitting.

Of course, navigating the matter of visibility, and how it is
conveyed, is a whole other question and I suspect other research
institutions in the US would have similar constraints about
perceptions of endorsement and related logo use. I guess the question
this mentally leads *me* to is what does the institution gain by
joining? What can they perceive as value from the relationship? Would
we be building a special communication or feedback channel to help
enable and provide that value perception?

I guess, the creation of the member class may also need the additional
context of how precisely it will be used for the benefit of the
proposed member class. I think such detail would be beneficial to the
eventual legal reviews of members looking to join the membership
class, since this would also not involve updating the bylaws, at least
as discussed thus far.

-Julia