[Foundation Board] Looking for volunteers to lead Interoperability working group

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Feb 21 16:18:14 UTC 2020

Hi, newly-elected and returning board members,

During the last meeting, Alan called for new volunteers to join board
committees like the Compensation committee or the Finance committee.

While not strictly a committee, the Interoperability working group
(formerly known as DefCore committee) is a OSF board working group that
leads the definition of new versions of our Interoperability guidelines,
which are used to grant the rights to use various trademarks such as
"OpenStack-Powered platform".

The group was previously led by Egle Sigler and Mark Voelker, who as of
2020 are no longer part of the board. Its main task is to get consensus
on which APIs are necessary to be offered and which sections of code are
necessary to be run to call your deployment "an OpenStack cloud".
Technically, that translates into the definition of a set of Tempest
tests matching the required API calls, so that products and deployments
can assert the trademark through a suite of tools called RefStack.

This work is critical in driving interoperability between OpenStack
deployments, which is an essential benefit of using OpenStack software
in hybrid usage scenarios. Representing all facets of our community, the
Board is uniquely positioned to define what that consensus looks like
and evolve it over time.

Who is interested in participating in that workgroup ? I'm available to
answer any question you may have about the process, and for questions I
don't have the answer to, I copied Egle on this email so that she can
bring additional context if needed.

Thanks!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)