[Foundation Board] OpenStack Stein Highlights & Coverage

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Tue Apr 16 20:28:59 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

The OpenStack community delivered Stein last week - a huge thanks to your teams and the 150+ organizations who contributed to the 19th release! We have had some great conversations with reporters who are excited about some of the features that were delivered, particularly:

Bare metal and network improvements for containers
Enhancements for edge computing / 5G use cases
Improved resource management and tracking

Since then, the release has earned global media coverage, with headlines emphasizing key features and community progress.

Here are a few that stand out:
The Register: Raise a Stein for OpenStack: Latest release brings faster containers, cloud resource management <https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/04/10/raise_a_stein_for_openstack_the_latest_release_improves_containers_resource_management/>
SDxCentral: OpenStack Stein saunters closer to Kubernetes, 5G and the Edge <https://www.sdxcentral.com/articles/news/openstack-stein-saunters-closer-to-kubernetes-5g-and-the-edge/2019/04/?utm_source=SDxCentral.com+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=4ca4e81f6b-Daily_Newsletter_2019_04_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c2b6e504a2-4ca4e81f6b-82121733>
ComputerWorldUK: Community pursues tighter Kubernetes integration in OpenStack Stein <https://www.computerworlduk.com/open-source/community-pursues-tighter-kubernetes-integration-in-openstack-stein-3694938/>
TechCrunch: OpenStack Stein launches with improved Kubernetes support <https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/12/openstack-stein-launches-with-improved-kubernetes-support/>
eWeek: OpenStack Stein improves cloud identity and orchestration <https://www.eweek.com/cloud/openstack-stein-improves-cloud-identity-and-orchestration>You can also check out the evolving coverage list <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Uywol8UvmgBSgQnRCBpVP5cN77KDUcrP7hXQTEMrV0/edit?usp=sharing>.

We look forward to seeing everyone in 2 weeks where we can celebrate the community’s release achievements together!

Cheers,
Allison