[Foundation Board] Call to develop the confirmation guidelines

Christopher Price christopher.price at est.tech
Mon Nov 26 09:17:28 UTC 2018

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for kick-starting this dialog and putting forward a proposal to get the ball rolling.

I have looked at the document and the first thing that struck me was the potentially significant amount of work involved in establishing these matrix for evaluation and determination.  I hold some concerns that such a data matrix may make it difficult for incubating projects to have an understanding on what is expected of them to achieve promotion.  I’m a big fan of simple, especially when it comes to setting expectations on a diverse group of people. :)

There would be some value in looking at these metrics and trying to boil them down to a set of principals for projects to follow, with a (hopefully) simple method of evaluating the projects adherence in order that the communities are aware of the boards expectations and there can be little confusion on how to achieve them.  I noticed your document, rightly, highlights the “four opens” as a set of expectations, this might be a good starting point for which to build consumable messaging on how “project confirmation” can be achieved and evaluated.

I feel that we will need to try and make what is a complex topic as simple as possible in order that we do not confuse or alienate potential projects.  Let’s discuss in the meetings Alan will propose, I’m keen to hear others thoughts on this topic.

Regards,
                Chris