[Foundation Board] OpenDev CI/CD: a collaborative event co-located w/ Vancouver Summit

Claire Massey claire at openstack.org
Thu Mar 15 19:01:08 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

As you know, last year we launched a new annual collaborative working event, OpenDev Edge, that was focused on edge computing. The 2017 event proved to be very productive and was the catalyst that launched our active Edge Computing Group that meets weekly and recently published a whitepaper. Information about activities happening within the Edge Strategic Focus Area can be found here: openstack.org/edge <http://openstack.org/edge>

This year, OpenDev will be focused on continuous integration, deployment and delivery (CI/CD) and co-located with the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver. OpenDev CI/CD <http://2018.opendevconf.com/>, will run Tuesday-Wednesday (May 22-23) in parallel with the Summit that runs Monday-Thursday. All CI/CD related content during the week will be scheduled inside the OpenDev event. OpenDev CI/CD is located in a dedicated space on the 3rd floor of the Convention Centre. Summit attendees with Full Access level passes will be able to attend OpenDev CI/CD with their Summit badge. However, attendees who only wish to participate in OpenDev CI/CD and not the week-long Summit, may register specifically for OpenDev CI/CD.

OpenDev CI/CD is a cross-community collaborative event programmed by leaders from Spinnaker, Jenkins, XCI, Mesos, Zuul, TravisCI and more. The two-day event is comprised of keynotes, collaborative working sessions, presentation talks, roundtables, and architecture show-and-tells with a limited number of use case lightning talks. The event is structured to have an impact on future development and integration efforts, achieved by collaboratively produced deliverables to share back with the industry and open source communities. Overall, the event is designed in a way to create focused, intimate and productive sharing of information. Just like last year, we anticipate OpenDev CI/CD will be a catalyst that spurs community growth in the CI/CD Strategic Focus Area.

OpenDev CI/CD Links:
	• OpenDev CI/CD Overview <http://2018.opendevconf.com/>
	• Schedule <http://2018.opendevconf.com/schedule/>
	• Sponsorships <http://2018.opendevconf.com/sponsors/>
	• Registration <http://2018.opendevconf.com/register/>
	• Hotels <http://2018.opendevconf.com/hotels/>

Please let me know if you’d like to get involved!

Thanks,
Claire