[Foundation Board] Board Initiatives: Unanswered Requirements Report

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Fri May 5 13:54:05 UTC 2017

Good day,

The world is always communicating and we want to respond appropriately. We
believe this initiative is essential to ensuring we expand, succeed, and
have a relevant product for a diverse group of interested people. Our
initial proposal(s) will be what we believe will get us started down a path
to achieving the strategy to respond and respond in a timely manner.

While we have captured our initial thoughts and ideas our requirement was
to have a conversation during the Boston Forum and here is what we expect
to get out of this conversation:

   - Process/Workflow/System
      - This should address people and behaviors. It is not the golden
      solution but rather we hope to have a proposal and someone committed to
      writing it up and circulating it among the community.
   - Data Points to Measure
      - What can we actually measure that is relevant to revealing
      successes and failures; things we should continue to do, things we should
      stop doing, things we should try to do.
   - Item to Measure
      - Identify at least one requirement that can be used within the
      proposed process/workflow/system to learn from (target is to implement).
      - With implementation being the goal, the hope is that this will be
      seen as more than an exercise in futility.
   - Inspired Individuals
      - Those who will commit to participating for at least one Forum cycle
      and be available to provide feedback, learnings, ideas,
questions, answers,
      etc; which can be used to improve the process/workflow/system.

These will probably change as it relates to priority and context post-Forum
session yet as of today here are the talking points and things to consider
as we move forward.

--
Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhillsman at gmail.com
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command