[Foundation Board] [openstack-announce] OpenStack Pike is officially released!

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Wed Aug 30 16:09:48 UTC 2017

Stackers,

Today you all released Pike, the latest release of OpenStack. That’s 16 software releases, every one on time, going back nearly seven years to October 21, 2010. That’s impressive! I think it speaks to what an amazing community we have and to all of your contributions.

To everyone who contributed, whether through code, docs, ideas, feedback, financial support, or community organizing: thank you!

OpenStack wouldn’t be a part of some of the greatest stories in the world, from the largest rail way, power company, and payment company in the world to the most innovative start ups, without your tireless efforts. With members in over 180 countries, clearly the world is counting on your work, and you continue to deliver :)

I hope to see many of you at the PTG in Denver in a few days, and all of you in November at the OpenStack Summit in Sydney to celebrate everything this community has already accomplished, and plan for all the things we will accomplish together in the future.

Mark (sparkycollier)