[Foundation Board] Updates to Code of Conduct

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Jun 27 20:49:26 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

There is strong interest from the community to update the OpenStack Code of Conduct. The goals are to encourage diversity, provide more explicit guidance around what is acceptable (or not acceptable) behavior, and clarify the reporting and enforcement process.

We need the Board to approve changes to the code of conduct since it is referenced in the Foundation bylaws. You can find an updated version in the google doc below, which is the result of multiple contributors from the Diversity Working Group and community at large. It was also circulated on the Foundation mailing list last week for feedback.

Proposed updates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N4RjiEO6KmKBKOMJZw3GATMQDr9fbysbZnnnjIB3xI8/edit#

We have some time reserved during tomorrow’s meeting to discuss and vote on the new version. If the changes are accepted, the updated Code of Conduct will appear on this page (where you can also find the current version): https://www.openstack.org/legal/community-code-of-conduct/

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts in the meantime.

Thanks,
Lauren