[Foundation Board] [OpenStack Foundation] April 2 OpenStack Board meeting call for agenda items; Board packet materials due by Monday March 30th.

Rob Hirschfeld rob at zehicle.com
Sat Mar 28 22:30:30 UTC 2015

On 03/28/2015 03:43 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> I would hope that it's no surprise that I am a huge advocate of open
> and transparent dealings, so in general, I am a favor of both
> collecting feedback and publishing all of the things we can publish.
> However, that sounds like an accusation of misconduct in the guise of
> suggesting a process or policy be adopted. I can tell you from
> experience that the answer to such issues is not to invent process or
> policy, but rather to confront them in an open and honest manner.
+1 on being open, transparent and timely in dealing with issues.  In my
experience, we will not get actionable information from 1...10 scale
questions on a semi-annual survey that's already very long.

If we really want feedback then JUST ASK THE LIST(S) FOR IT.  That would
mean phrasing Board reports and agenda in a way that invites commentary
and discussion.  Or potentially, starting a thread about it.  I'll show
this with an example....