[openstack-community] Devstack - cinder volume not created

Saqib Ilyas msaqib at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 11:16:53 UTC 2018

Hi everyone
I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 x64 server in a VirtualBox VM on Windows 10
x64. I followed the steps at https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/ to
build devstack. It seems to have gone OK. The dashboard is coming up and I
can log in.
I created a project, a group in it and created a member. I logged in as
that member on Dashboard. I created a private network, connected a router
between the private and public network. I then launched an instance using
the cirros image. However, the instance creation failed citing error in
cinder volume creation.
I went to /opt/stack/devstack and did a source openrc. Did a cinder create
--display_name vol1 1, but it came back with:
ERROR: The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401)
(Request-ID: req-0ad4efb7-b630-4e60-948a-770dee5a9233)
I tried setting environment variable OS_PASSWORD equal to the password for
the user, but to no avail.
Any advice on where I should start debugging?
Thanks and best regards
--
Muhammad Saqib Ilyas