[openstack-community] We are OpenStack, but who is We?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Mar 2 20:36:37 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 06:07 AM, Tristan Goode wrote:
> The summit free pass thing has always been non-inclusive by setting just one
> type of contributor above all others.

The free pass has always been intended for people who contribute to the
*design* of OpenStack, people who do things in whatever form. It is a
consequence of one of the 4 opens of OpenStack (open design, to be precise).

The only reason why a git commit was picked as a criteria to identify
such set of people was because git provides an objective way to identify
a person, their contribution and a precise time of such contribution.

Nobody has contributed another or a better objective criteria. That's
it. Let's discuss other objective criteria instead of repeating the same
old complaints.

/stef