[openstack-community] [upstream] Upstream Training prep, live assistance, and mentoring

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 20:05:36 UTC 2015

Le 04/09/2015 19:06, Doug Hellmann a écrit :
> Hi, Tim,
>
> We have 2 ongoing projects to improve documentation across OpenStack
> that might qualify as low-hanging fruit. They aren't bugs, so they won't
> show up in the bug tracker, but they represent a large number of
> relatively small patches that need to be made across many projects, so
> folks can pick a project they are interested in to get started.
>
> For the first project, we are automating the documentation of plugins
> (drivers, extensions, etc.) in projects using the integration of
> stevedore and sphinx. The work is described in more detail in
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/6A6mb0lafP and there's a list of all of
> the affected projects there for people to sign up to help out.
>
> For the section, we are automating the documentation of configuration
> options in projects using the integration of oslo.config and sphinx.
> That's being tracked in
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/automating-oslo-config-documentation
> with a similar list of places for folks to sign up to help.
>
> Both projects were mentioned on the openstack-dev list a while back in
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/073338.html
>
> I can help with reviews, advice, and debugging help before and after
> the summit, but won't be available for the on-site training.
>
> Do you think this work would be a good candidate for the upstream
> training?

I'm not Tim but...

YEAH ! Really good projects for helping newcomers to understand how to
provide some changes upstream. Why ? Because it doesn't need to really
know the project you want to work in, but it still needs to understand
the libraries and some Python stuff. Sounds a really good opportunity
for win-win between the contributors and the project.

+2 from my opinion, thanks a lot Doug (and I missed your previous August
e-mail from the ML, sadly)

-Sylvain