[openstack-community] reorganized mentor/internship pages on the wiki

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Mar 17 00:29:41 UTC 2015

hello folks

since we have at least three established programs that offer
opportunities for people to be mentors and internships during the year,
I consolidated some of the material on the wiki that was scattered
across.

There is now a new entry on How To Contribute:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute#Mentoring_and_finding_mentors

A page to collect all the established programs for internships:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Category:Internship

A consolidated list of ideas for projects that are good candidates for
internships:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Internship_ideas

and a consolidated list of mentors

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mentors

In the process I have edited the pages of Outreachy, Upstream Training
(and lightly touched some of the GSoC) to remove duplicated information
and pointed to the new consolidate pages. I have also created new
categories Internship, Outreachy, GSoC for the wiki, so we can group
pages with common themes.

There is still a lot of cleanup to do, like harmonize the
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Internship_ideas so they all look as
pretty as the GSoC ones and keep consolidating information so that it's
easier to keep track of the results of each internship.

Your help is appreciated.

/stef