[openstack-community] Starting OpenStack Meet-up

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 13:46:04 UTC 2015

On 01/19/2015 04:07 PM, Adam Lawson wrote:
> I've been contemplating starting a new OpenStack meet-up and an excited
> about meeting with and hearing what folks are doing in the local area.
>
> While continue working on this, I'm wondering how others who have
> created user groups got the word out and evangelized?

It's important not to get discouraged with the first meeting, if only 3
or 4 people show up. They'll tell other people who will be annoyed that
they missed it, and the second time will be better. So the first time,
just tell the people you know are interested, and then they'll help you
get the word out the next time.

Also, make sure you get it listed on Meetup.com so that people who watch
that will see it and help get the word out even farther.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/