[openstack-community] Release of Tokyo Summit Voting Results

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 31 19:36:13 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-31 15:20:54 -0400 (-0400), Steve Gordon wrote:
[...]
> More transparency on these two items would I believe clear up
> quite a bit of confusion but since you brought up volunteering
> perhaps we could even document who determines the track chairs...
> ;). Nobody seems to have issues clarifying these facts via
> semi-regular email threads like this one, so I'm not sure why
> setting these expectations up front (on the submission/voting
> websites and in the submission acknowledgement email) would be an
> issue?
[...]

The likely disconnect is that the people organizing the conference,
calling for and selecting volunteer track chairs, designing the
chairing and abstract voting interfaces, et cetera need to see these
suggestions and weigh in on the discussion. Usually they're
extremely busy, and so instead people who know what goes on with
chairing a track for the conference (mostly by way of having been
through it) answer with details but have no power to get this
information added to the Web site(s) in question.
--
Jeremy Stanley