[openstack-community] User deendayal3786 spamming ask.o.o

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Jul 2 16:57:55 UTC 2014

Hi Steve

thanks for the heads up. We're experiencing some of those spam attacks
every now and then, they're becoming more frequent lately. For this one,
I and others have helped cleaning up the mess and I've blocked what
appeared to be the most recent signups.

It's not over yet though, as I've seen new ones registering just now.

I disabled many of the login methods, leaving only Launchpad active for
now... hope this slows them down. If someone wants to help, check this
page https://ask.openstack.org/en/users/?sort=newest and block users as
soon as you see they post spam. If you need moderation rights, I can
provide you them. Contact me on IRC.

On 07/02/2014 05:38 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> It looks like user deendayal3786 [1] is spamming ask.o.o this
> morning, I closed a few but new ones are popping up. Does anyone have
> the ability to block/ban? Also wondering if there should be some
> tighter spam control to prevent this number of questions being posted
> in X minutes of each other.

Evgeny (in cc) is working on a comprehensive spam fix for askbot. He
told me yesterday he's been working on it for a while already and should
be ready in a couple of days.

Cheers,
stef