[openstack-community] OpenStack Summit proposal voting - not a fan

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Feb 21 02:25:54 UTC 2014

I don't like vote and promote myself either.
But suggestions are better than complains.

I think, the vote result is useful for track owners to understand audiences
interests.
We just need to simplify the way to "vote".

Other than using single link for a single presentation,
listing all the presentations of one track in a single page will help the
voter to understand the overall image of this track,
and save the voter's time to click "next page".

Maybe only listing titles and a short description.
If the voters want to understand details, provide a link for them.

Using only a tick to mark the topics that voters are interested, other than
4 levels of scores.
It's also a way to save voters' time.

Then maybe a voter only needs 10 minutes to finish the vote of his/her
interested tracks.
Then more people would like to vote.
And then no people would bother to promote himself/herself.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)