[openstack-community] Request For Help At the Albany Open Source Festival - March 28th and 29th.

Ken Hui ken.hui at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Feb 17 16:03:23 UTC 2014

All,

I want to ask for assistance with an open source themed event that will be occurring the last weekend of March, sponsored by the University of Albany in New York.  Albany U is very interested in partnering with the OpenStack community to focus on Cloud Computing.  Information on the festival can be found below:

http://ocs.opensourcefestival.org/index.php/osf/osf14

I will be giving a keynote on Open Cloud Computing and OpenStack.  However, we need  folks in the OpenStack community who can help with the following:

*         Someone to lead a 3 hour workshop, on Friday, 3/28th, to help participants through an install and walk-though of OpenStack, using any distro of choice.

*         A couple of folks to conduct mock tech interviews with students to help prepare them for actual interviews with tech companies.  Folks from HR and folks who would be conduction tech interviews would be extremely helpful.

Beyond this festival, Albany U is also looking at other ways to integrate OpenStack into their official Comp Sci curriculum, including bringing in guest lecturers and using the training material that Sean Roberts has been spearheading.  They are also interested in appearing on video and speaking at upcoming Summits on whatever they do to help bring OpenStack knowledge to their community.

If you are interested in helping out, please reach out to me at ken.hui at rackspace.com.

Thank you.

Kenneth Hui
Open Cloud Architect