[openstack-community] Hello

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Dec 11 20:06:23 UTC 2014

On 12/10/2014 10:38 PM, Praveen wrote:
> We invite you to nominate [...]

Hi Praveen, while I appreciate the fact that you're publicly supporting
OpenStack elections, this sort of messages should not be sent to mailing
lists: there are thousands of possible candidates and if any member of
the Foundation wrote such posts the traffic would become quite annoying.
That would not be good.

We also ask people *not* to send mass invitations to nominate or vote
for any candidate.  You're welcome to privately ask your friends, people
you know personally, to remember to vote but don't do it with mass
emails sent to indiscriminate recipients. That would qualify as spam,
which is illegal in many countries.

Regards,
Stefano