[openstack-community] Join the online meeting for moderators of Ask OpenStack

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Sep 24 18:25:41 UTC 2013

If you didn't see the blog post yesterday, below is its content. I
summed up the results of this first online meeting. Please update the
wiki page if I missed something.

We're continuously building together "The best place on the Internet to
find answers to common OpenStack problems": our Question&Answers site
Ask <https://ask.openstack.org>OpenStack <https://ask.openstack.org> is
such place and needs everybody's help.

Ask OpenStack is a collaborative effort, think of it like a wiki where
pages are made only of questions and answers. Anybody with more than 100
karma points can fix a question or an answer and anybody can gain karma
points by getting votes on answers and/or questions.

We have collected some suggestions to use for those that ask questions
and those that answer in our wiki. The sum of it is:

  * Titles should be clearly questions
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#Titles_should_be_clearly_questions>
  * Answers should be clear answers
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#Answers_should_be_clear_answers>
  * One URL, One Question, One Answer (no debates)
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#One_URL.2C_One_Question.2C_One_Answer>
  * The evolution of a Question and its Answer
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#The_evolution_of_a_Question_and_its_Answer>
  * Other tools are available (mailing lists, irc, etc)
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#Other_tools_are_available>
  * Maintain language consistency
    <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Community/AskModerators#Maintain_language_consistency>

If you've used Ask OpenStack to ask questions or to give answers, please
let us know what you think and how you would see it improved in the
comments below.
vote-up
<http://www.openstack.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/vote-up2.png>

Remember to vote good questions and answers on Ask OpenStack!

/stef