[openstack-community] Shutdown the Launchpad Answers pages

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 11 19:11:31 UTC 2013

On Wed 11 Sep 2013 08:43:38 AM PDT, Everett Toews wrote:
> Is there a reason why the Launchpad Answers pages haven't been shutdown yet or at least somehow prevent people from posting there?

The owners of the Launchpad projects are the only ones that can do it.
My uneducated guess that nobody has done it is that there may be some
uncertainty over the archive (will it still be available once the
feature is disabled?) and over the functionalities of Ask (will it send
email notifications for new questions, per project, so that  for
example swift developers are notified of new questions about swift?)

Tom Fifield developed a script to migrate the answers off of launchpad
and to Ask OpenStack. The script still needs to be integrated in Ask.
This should take care of the first objection.

The second objection is still kind of unknown to me: the notification
system in Ask should support notifications but I get too many of them
now and haven't had time to carefully test it. Does anybody have time
to help?

/stef