[openstack-community] Openstack community based on Mexico?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 11 00:09:21 UTC 2013

Hola Arturo

On 09/10/2013 01:52 PM, Arturo Ochoa wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before, are there any openstack community
> groups located in Mexico??

Indeed, I though I remembered somebody having an event in Mexico. I
searched my email archives and found

https://www.facebook.com/OpenStackMexico and this domain registered
http://www.openstackmexico.org/

They seem to be active in Ciudad del Mexico.

> I didn't see any at the official groups
> website: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups

It may help to start by adding the links above, I guess.  Another
interesting resource to keep in mind is the mailing list for all Spanish
speaking communities

> So, if there are none, I'd be very interested in starting the first one
> in Mexico... I'm currently living in Puebla, and using OpenStack at
> Enterprise-grade project.

Feel free to start organizing a meeting in your area, like Puebla. You
may find some inspiration on how to get started on this page:
http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackUserGroups/HowTo

Hop on IRC: it's useful to get in touch with other people active on the
project.

Cheers,
stef