[openstack-community] Ask OpenStack in Chinese

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Jun 21 21:47:36 UTC 2013

Hello folks

we've started working on Ask OpenStack in Chinese. This is the very
first step towards enabling people to ask questions and give answers for
OpenStack in many more non-English languages. The plan is to enable
Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Russian and European languages right after
Chinese (hopefully before the meeting in Hong Kong).

If you want to see a very first demo of Ask in Chinese go to the staging
server:

http://ask-staging.openstack.org/zh/questions/

Ask OpenStack is powered by the open source software Askbot and the team
asked us to help them translating the user interface. The translation is
managed via Transifex, like OpenStack translations.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/askbot/

Do you know somebody that can help us with improving the translations in
Chinese (and other languages, too) for Ask OpenStack? We can reward
translators with free tickets to the OpenStack Summit in Hong Kong.
Please contact me in private for the details.

Cheers,
Stef