[openstack-community] Calling all user group and meetup organizers

Yujie Du duyujie.dyj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:16:28 UTC 2013

Hi Stefano,

Is it stand for the Foundation or just discuss as APAC list?

2013/1/11 Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>

> On 01/09/2013 09:51 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
>
>> Is the aim to provide co-ordination for the OpenStack user groups
>> worldwide ?
>>

> That's one of the possible outcomes. The idea is to help user groups get
> started and continue getting ideas for their meetings. Also, one of the
> things we want to achieve is to give continuity to the conversations that
> start at the Design Summit: lots of topics get touched during the summits,
> blueprints are created but then between the 6 months of the release lots of
> these fall back into oblivion (it's normal) only to be picked up again
> after 6 months, with little progress made. One of the ideas thrown around
> is to start tracking these little discussions/blueprints and keep them hot
> for topics to spend at meeting/meetup time.
>

>  Ryan, JC and I have been putting together the structure for the
>> OpenStack user committee (as described on the foundation list at
>> http://lists.openstack.org/**pipermail/foundation/2012-**
>> December/001289.html<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2012-December/001289.html>
>> ).
>> As we have collected input from various parties, there is a proposal for
>> part of the committee to consist of user group representatives from
>> different geographies.
>>

> I think it's good to 'force' having a representation from other
> geographical places into the User Committee. We may need to add some
> formalisation also to the user groups this way.
>

> Cheers,
> stef

--Ben

OSI Individual Member
OpenStack Foundation Board Member
Co-founder and Leader of China OpenStack User Group( COSUG )

Mobile:  +86 15921531026
WEIBO: http://weibo.com/u/1716287123<http://www.weibo.com/u/1716287123?from=profile&wvr=4&loc=infweihao>
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ben_Duyujie
LINKEDIN: cn.linkedin.com/in/duyujie