[openstack-community] Speakers for an OpenStack meetup

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Feb 1 00:52:56 UTC 2013

hi Nico

On 01/31/2013 06:28 PM, Nicolae Paladi wrote:
> I've read recently on this mailing list about an idea of a "speakers list"
> for the meetups and wonder if there has been any progress on that.

There is still no real progress to report. The idea is that we can
extend the foundation's members profiles with details about topics of
expertise and availability to speak at events. There is deadline for
this yes.

> we're in the process of organizing a first OpenStackmeetup in Stockholm
> <http://www.meetup.com/OpenStack-User-Group-Nordics/>
> in April and I was wondering about getting some keynote speakers that have
> some visibility within the community to kick-start the event.
>
> Can you suggest any names that I could contact?

I don't have names to suggest. I would try by publishing a request on
the General mailing list while I tweet this request from the twitter
account tomorrow.

regards
stef