[openstack-community] OpenStack User Group Ecuador

Daniel Núñez danielnuneze at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:11:05 UTC 2013

Hello everyone
A strong and warm greetings from Quito-Ecuador. My name is Daniel Nuñez.

I have several months researching and using OpenStack and I really want to
continue because is a technology with great potential. Here in Ecuador is a
little known, for this reason I want to create the OpenStack User Group
Ecuador.

Documentation for communities
(here<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups/HowTo#Starting_a_new_OpenStack_User_Group>)
is information for meetups, hackathons, etc., more focused on the
organization of events, but I'm not clear how a new OSUG becomes visible.
How the OpenStack Foundation recognizes and registers these groups?
Creating a new OSUG is subject to review and / or approval of OpenStack
Foundation? How to get a mentor for my OSUG? (the reference mentor sends a
page without information).

I appreciate your help with some information.