[openstack-community] How to start a community?

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Tue Dec 11 18:51:48 UTC 2012

Hi Sergios:

Your best bet is to create a Meetup group on meetup.com. From there, you can advertise your group and attract attendees. I recently create a new Meetup group in my area using this method. I was able to secure some space to gather people with free wifi as well. This is important for any sort of devstack installfests.

I've documented my Meetup here for your reading here:

http://www.siliconloons.com/?p=367

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Kyle